Before I started DUCALM I dealt with oily skin, enlarged pores and monthly breakouts. I dealt with these problems by using A LOT of products. It was very challenging to keep this complicated routine up during busy times, when I was traveling or just too tired to bother with it all, it wasn’t sustainable for me and frankly it wasn’t working well.
When I decided to start Ducalm Skincare it was after years of ingredient research and testing, I was thrilled to discover formulas that were uncomplicated and balanced, fewer ingredients that worked together in synergy, not against each other. For the first time, I do less, and I accomplish so much more. My skin is clear, healthy and happy.
My guiding skincare principles comes from a few easily understood facts:
- Clogged pores come from improper cleansing. Not fully expunging clogged pores will result in breakouts
- Makeup is nice but too much of it, especially layering throughout the day and touching up with more means your skin never gets the chance to breathe
- Over cleansing, masking and layering harsh ingredients or ingredients that are not designed to mix can also lead to breakouts
- Physical exfoliating followed by chemical exfoliating strips the sensitive skin moisture barrier and makes skin break out. I’m truly skeptical towards brands that suggest layering many products and ingredients because I have seen what they do to my face and how clear my skin can be without doing that
- Working out with makeup can cause skin irritations and breakouts. I always sweat clean, meaning I workout bare faced. I designed products that offers gentle cleansing before and after you workout to help your skin recovery
- I give my skin a break from products and makeup once a week to let it detox and breathe
- Oils with omega 6 fatty acids -linoleic acid = your skin’s best friend. Healthy skin has a naturally higher composition of this acid in the acid mantle or barrier and skin with a waxy oily acne prone nature has a higher composition of omega 9 fatty acid or oleic acid. We do not naturally synthesize linoleic acid so it has to be eaten or applied to the skin. Love those avocados! I formulated DUCALM using oils rich in linoleic acid to balance the barrier and protect the skin.
My favorite DUCALM products